1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Note to everyone tuning into this Cisco Webex device and laughing and hooting and hollering.
    It's time to reevaluate things.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Back, left knee, left elbow ...

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

ahem

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Bryson DeChambeau just goes to show if you can win in Detroit, you can win a US Open

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

He's weird and brainy but good for him. Made changes, stuck with his beliefs and now he's the Open champion unless he 12-putts here on 18.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Good for him. Definitely a different cat. Great call by @Chef2.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ha! Love Bryson checking to see if the lid on the trophy comes off before raising it.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I really did not know what a good putter he is. He made all of 'em from the third hole yesterday.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I watched a good amount of the coverage yesterday and today. Can't say I have ever seen the whining from the announcers (Hicks, Azinger, Maltbie?) pouting about how the game is being deflowered by Bryson and the like. To the point of being like 'get off of my lawn/fairway'. Geez. guys, we're not going back to 1978, get used to it. This is how it's going to be played in 2020 and beyond. Ridiculous, and really sad--they sounded like such old men whose days have long passed.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I tune out anything Maltbie says.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Give Francis Ouimet today's equipment and he'd hit it 300 off the tee. Players have gotten longer throughout golf history. The real difference is these guys are so strong due to conditioning and well, whatever Bryson did, that they accept the risk of being deep in Open rough because they believe they can hack it out to the green. And they can often enough to make that a good bet.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted