1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Gee, they let 15,000 into the facility in Tallahassee last week. What could possibly go wrong?

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Friendly reminder that this was the program where we damn near had a player revolt over their fears that coaches weren’t doing enough to keep them safe this summer.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Any chance that none of the mess in Tallahassee was Willie Taggart's fault? (Donny?)

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

And every man ever.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In the interest of ... I don't know what word to use ... given my spasm of rage on exhibit here a few weeks ago, I should note that TFDQ: 1) was permitted to move into her dorm a week ago; and 2) got the chance to go to her school's home opener yesterday. As empty as the nest feels (and believe me, it feels waaaaaaaaay empty), it's comforting to see her getting some fraction of a normal off-to-college experience.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I hope it continues. I just hope it improves in stages. (Maybe hybrid learning this semester, a few classes in person in the spring and then vaccine-facilitated return to normalcy thereafter.)
    You’ll know things are good when they start talking about study abroad again.

maumann likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You won't watch many games better than Southern Mississippi-Louisiana Tech this year.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In a faculty meeting last week, the person who handles most of the study abroad for our department said he was told by those who make such decisions to start planning as if study abroad was going to be a thing in the spring semester.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Where abroad? They're not letting US citizens in the EU, Canada, Mexico and a host of other countries. What makes these geniuses think that'll change by February?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

An old friend of mine isn't a full-on Covid denier, but he posts a lot of stupid shit about bogus testing rates, deaths being overblown, etc. I've lost a lot of respect for him. He's also a major FSU booster, so I'll be eager to see how he spins this.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Daughter of a friend started a year-long internship in Scotland in July. It is possible to get there.

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

It’s Jimbo’s fault, primarily. And Willie (and maybe Norvell, we’ll see) underestimated the work required and weren’t equipped to do the job.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted