1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You’re right. But what’s he saying? “I should have won?” “It should have been closer?” “You owe me”?
    he says everything. “I don’t care if I win MVPs, but I wanted to win “?

He’s pissed that his legacy is being tarnished, he doesn’t want to be the guy that finished second the most times. Finals losses, 6. MVP silver medals, 4.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You mean a player is competitive and believes he should have won? He’s being honest, that’s it. And nowhere does he say he is owed anything.
    The finals record is one of the worst insults people like you throw at him. He dragged teams that had no business being near the finals To playing for a championship. The only one they should have won which they didn’t was the Dallas series. Would he have been better off not making those finals and losing in the conference finals?

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Doesn’t sound like a competitive guy who’s pissed because he lost. Sounds like a competitive guy who’s pissed that only 16% of the voters thought he was worthy. And pissed that once again he’s finishing 2nd. Maybe he doesn’t think he’s owed, but if you read his comments he, like every other payer and voter, are unsure of the criteria for winning. That legacy ought to play a part.

“Pissed me off. That's my true answer," James said after pumping in 15 points with 12 assists in the series opener. "It pissed me off, because out of 101 votes, I got 16 first-place votes. That's what pissed me off more than anything.

"You know, not saying that the winner wasn't deserving of the MVP. But that pissed me off. And I finished second a lot in my career, either from a championship, and now four times as an MVP."

9 Finals and 3 Championships, and counting, are amazing accomplishments. No player had as much responsibility for the on court composition and coaching of their teams as LeBron.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Holy crap. Anthony Davis. The Nuggets had them.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That was a hell of a shot.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Onions. Triple order.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still SMDH at the ending.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dammit after Jokic was unbelievable for last 2 mins.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think Nuggets can feel pretty good though, shut big 2 down and they’ll be fine.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sure, all they have to do is shut down LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

such an easy task. Shouldn’t be any problem.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

How to become a millionaire: get a million dollars.

Draft saved Draft deleted