1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

@sgreenwell if you haven't watched Schitt's Creek on Netflix, it's a good one.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oh yeah - Went through it early on in the pandemic. Loved it! Can't wait for the last season to drop on Netflix.

Wenders likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I found the last season on Pop On Demand if you have access to that.

TigerVols and Wenders like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to ask my parents what they think of the new DWTS host. Seems like bashing Tyra Banks is a new sport.
    I do think Tom Bergeron is a great presenter, but the show downsized and is probably saving a third of the combined salaries of Bergeron and Andrews with Banks.
    I also figure the show would have been well served to replace Bergeron with someone who had competed on the show before, Alfonso Ribeiro, Donny and Marie?

Dancing with the Stars: Tyra Banks Twitter reviews won't bring a smize

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  6. DanOregon

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn what a cast. Each of them killed somewhere outside of MTM.

lakefront likes this.
  9. DanOregon

Didn't even include Phyllis and Rhoda or Gordie.

The MTM Show went 7 seasons. Rhoda went 5, Phyllis went 2, Lou Grant went 5.
    Love Boat went 10, Golden Girls 7, Too Close For Comfort went 6 (biggest surprise to me).

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

By the way, Schitt's Creek is dominating this Emmy's like... I don't even know what to compare it to. We're an hour into the ceremony, and they've won EVERY award so far.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I love this show so much. I'm going to watch it through again

Wenders likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It's difficult to speak quietly but still deeply and eloquently to topics like race and diversity without offending anybody or turning off somebody. But after being presented with the Emmys' Governor's Award, Tyler Perry did it, all without seeming to get in anybody's face, on a public platform from which he could have either done just that, or else rambled on to the point of ineffectiveness.

It was the best part of the whole Emmy's show.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted