1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

That story is a few months old.

The nut graph:

"For months, I searched for the larger principles or sense of purpose that animates McConnell. I travelled twice to Kentucky, observed him at a Trump rally in Lexington, and watched him preside over the impeachment trial in Washington. I interviewed dozens of people, some of whom love him and some of whom despise him. I read his autobiography, his speeches, and what others have written about him. Finally, someone who knows him very well told me, 'Give up. You can look and look for something more in him, but it isn’t there. I wish I could tell you that there is some secret thing that he really believes in, but he doesn’t.'”

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Power for power's sake, agreed. One of the things I've been impressed with about The New Yorker is they usually are months ahead of a story before it blows up (the Middle East, a market implosion (there's one in the McConnell issue describing the coming financial collapse), an emerging world leader...I was surprised they hadn't done something on the vulnerabilities of the US due to Trump's cuts to pandemic research and response until after it hit.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So much oppo video could be culled from that town hall. Yeesh.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Too bad that clip wasn't longer. We didn't get to hear the follow-up question in which Stephanopoulos asked him if he suffered a traumatic brain injury from being trampled by a herd.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

“He said he’d build the wall....and he hasn’t, folks. He just didn’t get it done.”
    -Hillary Clinton in a September 2016 ABC town hall telecast.

6. DanOregon

I think back on the Trump Presidency and am amazed at what I have done in the last four years. I've marched for Women, I've marched for Science, I've marched for Black people. I've marched for civil rights, immigration, the rule of law. I've taken a job beneath me to pay the bills working a graveyard shift (and honestly, it's the second best gig I've had during his Presidency). Think about the things you've felt you HAD to do during this Presidency, then ask yourself why.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  7. DanOregon

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And kids STILL go to school when it's minus-50. :)

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just drove by that intersection on Sunday. He wasn't there, sadly.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Herd immunity" means a couple of million dead.

TowelWaver and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.