1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's amazing that these things don't hurt him. He has no clue, says a million things that would disqualify anyone from being in charge of anything, and it doesn't matter.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Della9250

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Just clueless

Marie Lopez, 34, came to the event with her husband George to see Trump speak. Both wore “Latinos for Trump” T-shirts.

Lopez said she was born and raised in Phoenix and is voting for Trump.

“I just think it’s important for him to be elected again because there’s two totally different ways the world, I think, could go. I believe in his values and the majority of what he stands for and how he’s trying to save our country. It’s not perfect, but I believe he’s trying and that’s what’s important.”

Lopez said she supports Trump’s immigration policies. She voted for Trump in 2016 and has always voted Republican.

“When people hear about Trump and they say that he’s racist and things like that, he is for immigration but the right way. I am a first generation. My dad went through the immigration process to become a citizen. He always believed it was possible to do it the right way, and I think that’s important. Under Obama and Biden, they actually deported more Hispanics back to Mexico than Trump did, but things like that aren’t being said.”

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

She just might have something here...

Mngwa likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Trump was as confident in his prospects for reelection as he says he is - he doesn't do a town hall like that. But then again, he's been following the "How Not To Be Re-Elected President" manual word for word since Day One. The "Talking to Woodward on Tape" chapter was a particular highlight - a lot of other politicians don't have the dedication to go that extra step.

11. DanOregon

And no - totally different George Lopez from the actor- who isn't married any more and was a Sanders supporter. Like I said, there are conservative Latinos who many would consider have "made it" and resent being lumped in with more recent arrivals of the legal and illegal variety. But everything she said about deportations under Obama was absolutely true. Trump's strategy is to not let them in in the first place.
    I do hope we learn whether that forced hysterectomy story is legit. I would think the for-profit prison company accused would be screaming their defense by now for such a slander...unless.

12. DanOregon

Great article on McConnell (admittedly I'm way behind with The New Yorker, but it's amazing reading the mags"early" coverage of COVID-19, good Fauci profile in the same issue). But the crux of the article that I couldn't shake was that Mitch has been glued to Trump for a simple reason, Trump is a lot more popular in Kentucky than McConnell is and however much he talks crap about Trump behind closed doors, Mitch has a history of doing and saying whatever he needs to to get elected. What would be funny is if his act of personal survival comes at the cost of GOP control of the Senate.

How Mitch McConnell Became Trump’s Enabler-in-Chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.