1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thom Brennaman, welcome to the unemployment line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He's fired. Last line of the story.

Also, the bullshit on-air women get through social media regarding their appearance is beyond disgusting. We got an email saying it was a shame that our female anchor felt she had to expose her shoulders "like a cheap whore."

Oddly, most of those emails come from women.

Slacker likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This the same Dan McNeil that local loudmouth Chet Coppock used to call “dangerous” Dan McNeil?

and I’ll bet most of the women critical of these on air personalities are rocking some major resentment because they’re built like hot water heaters.

FileNotFound and Slacker like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Actually LOLed out loud at this.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The worst I've seen was a radio host in Phoenix who was harassing Darryl Kile's wife during the 2002 playoffs. Saying she was hot, asking if she was available. The mofo was calling her with this.

Or, you know, the kind of stuff that has become part of our rotten civic culture.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Women are often the worst to each other. Ruining careers, judging for being "whorish," or whatever women are just mean.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remember that well, Tony LaRussa made no secret that he wished he could deal with that host personally. For once, I sided with LaRussa.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Someone else decided to use the 280 character electronic resignation letter last night.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Her eyes are so pretty she could be wearing a shower curtain and I wouldn’t notice.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You know what weirds me out more than the dudes critiquing Maria Taylor’s outfit? The old guys who stalk a female news anchor’s Facebook/Twitter/IG feed.

I am a comment reader because I need to be reminded of how horrible our society is. And inevitably any of those posts from a local female meteorologist turn into a combo of “you look so good!” and “hi beautiful” and “you’re so pretty on-air” and “I love the way you look in that dress.” All of the comments are being made by guys who look like they are old enough to be her dad.

And the anchors sometimes engage with these creeps. I don’t know whether they really are flattered, whether they’re doing it because their bosses want engagement with viewers, whether they’re just playing along or all of the above.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted