1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Just started watching and am being distracted by the differences having just finished the book. I really don't understand the reason to turn Caleb Braithwaite into Christine Braithwaite.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tried to find that on HBO but could not.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I guess it’s just on HBOMax? Hopefully it’ll be on regular HBO sometime soon.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on Brooklyn 99. Not many network comedies consistently deliver - (really not many network comedies period) - probably the best network comedy currently on. And Andre Braugher - so good.

And going through Good Place withdrawals, it's a nice bit of methadone for Michael Shur.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    sgreenwell likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"Ozark." Not sure if I like it. I'm at the end of Season 1, couple episodes of flashback. Weird. It seems that flashback in a staple of Netflix programming. "Bosch" and "Lucifer" had some flashback episodes and also fantasy episodes. Some added to the show, some didn't.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

FWIW, I think the consensus on Ozark is that it really takes a good leap forward in later seasons. (Can't attest to that personally, though - haven't seen.)

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I actually really, really liked the first season but thought season two kind of was just OK, if not a little less than that. Still good enough, especially after the start, to keep it going. But I didn't start watching until this past spring after season 3 was out so definitely stuck with it and thought season 3 was fantastic. So it does have a strong leap there.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. DanOregon

I think it does a very good job of scratching that Breaking Bad itch. As did Netflix's Bloodline (talk about flashbacks).

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Bumping this to say that the wife and I burned through the first season (10 episodes) in three days. Really brisk, fun show - Kind of like Gilmore Girls meets Veronica Mars. It's like the 1-in-10 Netflix show that outkicks its coverage, since most of them are trash like Sweet Magnolias.

10. DanOregon

Its funny, I remember back in the day when Mad Magazine did feature on cancelled TV shows - and if you are bummed out that one show is ending, finding another that would scratch that itch.
    I still blame McGuyver for making Scorpion redundant. Bastards.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Please be a baptism ... please be a baptism ... please be a baptism. Whew. Thank you.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The last season of Ozark is Sopranoes good.

Draft saved Draft deleted