1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lindsay Wagner was in 2 of the first 16 episodes of Rockford Files. She was soft and cute and had allure.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished The Plot Against America. Read the Roth book it’s based on years ago.

It’s really well done. And, to me, pretty depressing with my current mindset in regard to politics.

If I didn’t know when it was written, the mirroring themes from then and now would’ve seemed like it was done on purpose.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Finished season 2 of Hanna. The end was enjoyable, but it did get bogged down for a few episodes this season.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Lovecraft County is beautiful, moving, well acted, weird, almost awful in some ways and the strangest thing I have seen in some time.

I can’t wait for next Sunday.

And Uncle George is stealing the show.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Crown may be one of the best cast shows in TV history.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Was watching House of Lies on Prime. Got to the final season with maybe 7-8 episodes left ... then it reverted to a Showtime only product again (on Aug. 20, WTF?). I didn't think it was a great show or anything but it was nice since they were just under a half hour. So, 1. hoping the final episodes weren't crazy fantastic; 2, anyone have any recommendations for a half-hour show?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The first half of Season 5 of Lucifer dropped on Netflix Friday. I'm four episodes in, and I'd say it's just okay so far. There are some fun moments, but nothing special. Lauren German just isn't a great actress, and for some reason, her performance as Detective Decker is bothering me more this time around.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I'm a couple of episodes behind you. I like German's cuteness and perkiness. But damn, there was one scene where her makeup wasn't touched up and she looked awful.

My wife always says that shows start to slide when they make the characters stupid. They should never have made Dr. Linda be stupid. Det. Dan digressing to stupid, Lopez getting stupid.
    The show seems to be getting too weird as more and more celestial characters show up. Almost like Harry Potter, where Rowling just makes up something to help the plot along. Lucifer having a twin brother came out of nowhere. Why have them fight when they are both invincible?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Finally catching up on the final season of Brockmire. The Brockmire version of Joe Buck is my favorite version of Joe Buck.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Regarding the spoiler, I'm not sure that is a concern. They spoiled that character showing up in the trailer for the season, but I won't go into it yet. The writers absolutely rely on the ability to just make things and characters up. The upcoming "Detective Amenadiel" episode is guilty of some of that, but it is also my favorite far this season. It felt like they stopped treading water and moved things forward. (I watched it today, after my last post.)

German is actually older than I realized. She looks great for a woman who is turning 42 in November. Her performances are just a bit erratic.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I didn't watch that trailer a few weeks ago because I was still near the beginning of the series, didn't want to ruin it. Glad you tell me that they are moving ahead, it did get pretty redundant.

Draft saved Draft deleted