1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agent Carter begs to differ. (EDIT - stand corrected, SHIELD was first) Still love the GIF tho.

[​IMG]

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and enjoyed. I put it on pause because What We Do In The Shadows has sucked my TV time.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Agent Carter" was pretty damn good too! Got the ax too early. We did get to see a lot of Daniel Souza in the final season of "AoS" though.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched the first few seasons, then stopped. I had seen an episode here or there since then, but I never caught up. I decided to watch the final season anyway and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't finished the final episode yet. I was busy last night and still have to watch the last half hour. I thought they did a decent job of tying the pieces together from what I've seen so far.

I never really watched Agent Carter, but I need to give that another chance now that I have it on Disney+.

5. DanOregon

I'm a sucker for anything set in the WWII era in the US, the cars, the clothes, Hayley Atwell...

6. outofplace

I'm as sucker for Hayley Atwell in any setting.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Just finished the Shield finale. It was a good end. And yeah I would agree this last season was really terrific. It did fluctuate, but it was usually fun.

8. DanOregon

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to build a show around Mackey's daughter, who'd be about 27 now - not working LAPD of course, but somewhere on the outskirts where more than a few people know about her dad. Set in one of the bedroom communities where a bunch of the LAPD live. I know Shawn Ryan has to put food on the table but it pains me to think he started with The Shield and is now running SWAT - he also created Terriers and The Unit, the gone too soon Chicago Code and Last Resort.

9. outofplace

I just finished the finale. I enjoyed the season, including call-backs such as "The Cavalry." I was briefly struck by one SHIELD agent being a little too quick to shoot someone, but then it saw that it wasn't just some random agent. (It's a small moment, but I remember the character's previous appearance on the show and the larger role she played in the comics, so I appreciated that the action fit the character. I guess I should avoid the spoiler for now.)

I tried really hard not to think about the science of what was going on and the trouble shows and movies usually run into when dealing with time travel and just went with it. It helped that I didn't watch last season, so I wasn't up on all the details with the villains. Regarding the very last scene, I think the series ended exactly as it had to end.

10. DanOregon

EDIT - Oh - we're talking about AGENTS of Shield not THE Shield. Duh.

Tighthead likes this.
  11. outofplace

I was going to post something earlier, but I scrolled up and saw that you had commented as part of the discussion. I thought you switched to discussing The Shield as a joke. :)

12. DanOregon

Draft saved Draft deleted