1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fuhgeddaboutit. Woodward's books deliver nothing except flattery to his sources. As he ages, his books become more and more thick nothingburgers. Who the fuck with a brain in politics would talk to him, Republican or Democrat? He is the go-to chronicler of the congenitally stupid in American politics.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Facebook just locked up on me for two minutes, and my first three thoughts were: "Here it comes."

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The flip side of that is my district's recent primary (which is the defacto general election*):
    The winner got 19% of the vote. That person WILL win in November and represent our district, period. That means 81% of voters rejected this person. Ohhhhh, plurality.

*We haven't elected a Democrat since 1878, so the GOP primary is the election.

maumann and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

No runoff?

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Nope. There is a Democrat challenger in the general, but that person has less of a chance than I do fucking Heidi Klum.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Exactly. The next guy screwed the pooch on that one. But he was probably one of Trump's "safe" reporters.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So here’s a tweet from Harris. Typical politics, which ain’t beanbag.

Here’s my question: Let’s say CV hits in January 2022 instead of January 2020. What do the numbers look like under Biden and Harris vs Trump and Pence? Obviously not zero - Canada isn’t at zero. So what would they be? How would America have looked different?

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure, there would not be an idiot running the country who believes COVID is a hoax and not “tell his people to slow the testing down, please”

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It is a legitimate question to ask about a response under Biden. The states would still have been in the lead, but in an ideal world there would have been someone with experience in (military?) logistics who would’ve maintained a steady hand in DC making sure regions got what they needed and when.
    At least Biden would’ve understood the gravity of the situation and acted somber, instead of bragging about TV ratings. The tone starts from the top.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

upload_2020-8-13_19-9-12.jpeg
    Let's face it - we all have an underlying condition - it's name is Trump. Though he's never been accused of under lying amirite?

lakefront and garrow like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.