1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always thought the "code" in the briefing room should be "same question" if the person at the podium ignores the question and points to you.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I HATE HATE HATE runoff elections. But I don't have a good solution, particularly when you've got a half dozen people running in the primary.

Whether it's whackadoodles like her or actual decent politicos, runoffs mean a tiny minority of voters can sway election results in ways that aren't possible during the primary or general. Whether it's forgetfulness, or wasting the time or energy to return to settle just one or two races, voters don't show up in August the way they would in May or November.

I think less than 25 percent of eligible voters made it back for the runoff here, which means the state house rep and the county judge who polled just shy of 50 percent in the May primary lost in the runoff. Yeah, the easy answer is "you should have gotten your supporters to the polls like your opponent did," but that's a convenient excuse.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’ve said this before, but if we’re still masking and social distancing this winter, flu will be at record low numbers. One of the pandemic’s silver linings.

lakefront likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I agree with one exception: I love the term Jungle Primary.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Of course.

It stoked his base, and got them riled up when he tried it with Barack Obama. He's counting on this crap working again.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't want to give Michael Cohen a dime, but the foreword has piqued my interest.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Swell party they got there.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

So this is what the cult is doing in my neighborhood Saturday

Boat Parade -

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That’s what happened inAustralia since their winter precedes ours.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That one's going to be fun, but what I really want to see is what Woodward has in his book.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Over-under on uses of the N word? If it’s six, I’m taking the over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.