1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cotton candy isn't all that satisfying or even fun, it might even be the biggest ripoff of the sugar experience.

Even Whatchamacallit bars are better, or that god-shitty carob bullshit forced down our throats in the '80s.

maumann likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A diversion. One of my son's high school friends is, well, a sports entrepreneur for lack of a better term. He has been the agent for a Ukrainian boxer known as the "Fighting Rabbi" who's back on the Talmud now. He was the lawyer for a Thai kick boxing league in the US. Now, he has or says he has, a movie deal. It's a biopic of Ken Griffey Jr., with the kicker being that Michael B. Jordan has this as a pet project and would do the lead. He needs $200 K in seed financing. I have requested further information that my son's rap (he might be in for a grand), but the kid's not a scam artist, he just knows a lot of them. If satisfied as to Jordan's participation, should I throw five grand to the movie Gods?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The St. Louis Covids are 2-3. Let's say they get stuck in Trumpandemic quarantine for weeks and only emerge in the last week of September. They can then send all of their players home, recall 20 guys from exile, tank and get Kumar Rocker. And MLB will let it happen.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

After yet another positive test in the organization, it is fair to wonder when they will actually play again.

wicked likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Throw them out of the league for the year.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They're going to subject several teams to doubleheaders, thereby putting those opponents at a disadvantage in the postseason. Does anybody think the Brewers or the Mariners or the Pirates would get these allowances?

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Best Vectors In Baseballâ„¢.

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

More sportswriters who hate baseball.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Have a night, Mookie Bettis.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member