1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's quite the sobering article, but it all boils down to: Collectively, as a nation, we have about a two-second attention span.

(there was a statement in that article I was going to quote here, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was ...)

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Do you realize that you posted this yesterday as well, or are you trying to send us a message?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Repeating my prediction, drawn from Google's announcing work-from-home for all employees through at least June, 2021, that the status quo is the best we can hope for until the widespread distribution of a provable vaccine. The horse is out of the barn, and the Biden/Harris administration won't be able to rein it back in.

maumann likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The hurricane's already here. We're without power, the water's rising and the winds are howling. It doesn't matter now who you believe or how it eventually turns out. We're all on our own until the storm blows through. And sadly, nobody can predict when that's going to happen.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I initially thought eating at a restaurant with servers wearing masks and gloves was not “appetizing”. Have done so now a couple of times for client meetings, in the summer on a patio, it’s not a consideration. I of course try to compensate them as best as possible.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And you thought your "Coronabeard" was something....
    [​IMG]

Chris Elliott

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What's the dude under the stairs doing here?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I talked to so many people who loved Schitts Creek.

Not one of them mentioned Chris Elliott's character as a positive.

Mngwa likes this.
  9. TigerVols

I was going to move this over here to make a point but first, I'll advise you to read the part about where Plaschke thinks he caught it:

Anyway, his comments about the dread, fear and anger have really struck home. I sorta live in fear of this damn virus for those very reasons. I just don't want to have to struggle with the unknowns an active case would cause. One thing he doesn't mention is was there any chance he became a spreader of it to other family? That's the other thing I dread.

OscarMadison and qtlaw like this.
  10. TigerVols

I stumbled across the Red Green Show the other day and I think my remote batteries must have died because I ended up watching it for about 10 minutes and I realized that those characters are the inspiration for Roland Schitt, and I also realized that my taste of Canadian humor is similar to my taste for 14-day-old milk.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

My 8 year old grandson likes to ask us if we watch that show.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Elliotte is still the clubhouse leader.

Draft saved Draft deleted