1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

When I was a child, I wrote my own song about the Reds, called, “The Reds Are Coming.”

Here are some of the lyrics:

The Reds are coming.
    The Reds are coming.
    The Cincinnati Reds are coming for you-oo-oo.
    Eric Davis, Tom Browning, and Nick Esasky, too-oo-oo.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Don't give up your troll job, McCartney. :cool:

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

IJAG's gonna cut you.

Chef2, Inky_Wretch, Cosmo and 7 others like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's Kurt Fucking Bevacqua to you. Or at least to Tommy Lasorda.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Kurt Bevacqua was doing a heck of a good podcast for a while. Dirty Kurt's Dugout, it's called.
    He's been committed to seeing that minor-leaguers from the lost generation of baseball labor get some compensation.
    That is not a winnable fight in my mind but there's no accounting for passion, and that appears to be one of Bevacqua's.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Too funny. I read a story this morning about Gord Miller, who called the 5OT Bolts-Jackets hockey game last night. He remembered that he also called a 5OT Ducks-Stars game in 2003. He said it was the first year the American Airlines arena was open and they weren't prepared for such a lengthy game. There was no food, no water. The drinking fountains didn't even work. All they had was Dr Pepper. He had never had one before. He drank 4. Back at his hotel room later that night, he said he felt like there was a bowling ball in his stomach. He hasn't had a Dr Pepper since.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    I Should Coco, MTM, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I tried Dr. Pepper once. That was enough for me. Never again.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

"I think that is very, very bad for that man to make an accusation like that. That is terrible. I have never. Ever. Since I have managed. Ever told a pitcher to throw at anybody. Nor will I ever. And if I ever did, I certainly wouldn't make him throw at a f***ing .130 hitter like Lefebvre or f***ing Bevacqua, who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a f***ing boat. And I guaran-fuck***ing-tee you this, when I pitched and I was going to pitch against a f***ing team that had guys on it like Beeeeee-vac-----qua, I'd send a f***ing limousine to get the c***s***** to make sure he was in the mother f***ing lineup because I'd kick that c***s*****'s a$$ any f***ing day of the week. He's a f***ing mother f***ing big mouth, I'll tell you that.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

She's out looking for hoboes to punch as we speak.

HanSenSE, Spartan Squad and swingline like this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Jim's touting 12.7 APR on new Datsun loans. Times. Have. Changed.

MileHigh, poindexter and maumann like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Who has the most career home runs, but never hit 30 in a season?

Draft saved Draft deleted