1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Upload was renewed for a second season shortly after the first season premiered.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks. Glad to hear it. That would have been a really shitty place to leave off.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finally watched the finale of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. Mrs W didn’t want to watch because of the inevitable conclusion of one of the main plots. A really well done season and Jane Levy should have been nominated for an Emmy.

Wenders likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching The Alienist: Angel of Darkness. Loved the books by Caleb Carr and TNT does a good job with it. Rosy McEwen - only her second credit - is mesmerizing.

upload_2020-8-7_13-20-22.jpeg

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The final scene was just masterful. I'm glad it got picked up for a second season.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the all-too-brief inaugural season of Perry Mason, although I was underwhelmed by the finale.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Recent TV stuff:

- Wife and I tried "What We Do In The Shadows." I loved it, but it's not her kind of humor at all. So, I'm going to watch it by myself. I can imagine that Matt Berry gets old after a while, but his bombast always makes me crack up, especially his debut episode of "The IT Crowd."

- Because she didn't like that show, we quickly switched to "The Santa Clarita Diet." We quickly burnt through a season, way more her sense of humor. Barrymore, Oliphant and the daughter (Liv Hewson) are pretty much doing some really heavy lifting on that show. We watched "Dead To Me" before this one, and it's not like we have a huge sample size, but there is a kind of weird 'feel' to some of these Netflix shows. There's a really heavy focus on the stars, which is fine, but it's probably for the best that a "season" is six to 10 episodes for the service.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I stared watching this, too, and I love it. You should also watch the movie, which is exactly like the show and quite satisfying.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert: Matthew Berry does not get old after a while.

sgreenwell and Dyno like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Anyone watch “The Great” on Hulu? Mrs. W and I are two episodes in and really enjoying it.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

It didn't get a lot of attention on this thread, but I just wanted to wave a fond farewell to "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D," which wrapped up last night. I caught every episode since the beginning (a rarity for me in this day and age as far as broadcast network shows go), and it always held my interest, though the quality could fluctuate a bit from season to season. However, anything that can prolong the TV life of Phil Coulson is a plus to me.
    This final season was really good though, with the characters traveling in time through different eras and picking up a character or two from previous shows/seasons. I will be looking forward to the new Marvel series(es) coming up on Disney+, but I'll tip my cap to the series that broke the TV ice for Marvel.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted