1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Name one.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is some next-level contempt and virtue-signaling. If I’m the Big Ten, I dare ‘em to play on and challenge the grant of rights.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's a non-starter on many fronts. Unless Nebraska does not plan to come back to the B1G.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe they can quit the Big 10 in a huff like they quit the Big XII. Then again, Nebraska football has a history with not hearing, “no means no.”

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If they don’t return, wouldn’t they forfeit whatever conference distribution they’d get from their new league?

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Nebraska bailed out of the Big 12 in part to get a cut of the Big 10 Network monies. If they bail out of the Big 10 where would they go? To the Big 12 which has no cable network? To the Pac 12 which has a cable network that makes no money? Nebraska is staying put.

I also wonder what the true feelings of the University President and Chancellor are? They might be really happy that the football season has been canceled. One less problem to deal with. And the two can blame the damned Trump hating presidents of the other schools for the lack of football..

maumann and MileHigh like this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, they're going nowhere just for the money of the Big Ten Network. Accept it and move on.

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I wonder when BYU cancels their season. They are down to three games.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I've had 5 furlough weeks since April because of no sports. I'm in a panic because I've got 2 football tabs due in 10 days and our local high schools haven't figured out their schedules yet. And the season still may be canceled. Both tabs have big money in advertising.
    So forgive me if I tell you to stick it up your ass.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

They're one of the few schools that could pull off a bubble and they'd be high on the list if some schools try to carve out some sort of independent route.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

New Mexico State's down to four games, which should be cut in half if CUSA throws in the towel.
    Army's down to four games as well, including Navy.
    Navy seems to have a full schedule as long as the AAC stays active.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Remember the good old days when Holtz would say silly stuff but he'd actually be in on the joke? That seems so long ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted