1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That takes out the start of basketball season.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It's not even a microcosm. It's a direct reflection of the seriously stupid divide between rational and irrational people who can't/won't see any other perspective but their own narrow view.

Governors Dumb and Dumber, plus Graham Cracker, are totally blind to the fact of the facts. Thousands of new cases. Hundreds of new deaths. The Maskless Messiah Trump will save us all from the fake news!

SO ....children gots to school! Peoples gots to work! Football gots to be played!

Y'all civilized folks from Kintuck, UT, Ole Miss, 'Bama, Gawgia and Florida never cared about the poor white trash and minorities during Jim Crow. Why on earth should y'all start now?

The irony in all this that southern state flagship universities kept Blacks off their precious football teams for years because they were second-class citizens. Now they want them to go out and entertain the rich white alumni and get precious TV revenue because they're second-class citizens.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The peasants demand that the gladiators fight for their entertainment.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I still want to know why the PAC 12’s science the ACC-SEC’s science differ.
    I think all leagues owe fans the right to see charts and graphs and research findings that say why they decide whatever they decide. I’d be fine with this if everyone agreed. I totally understand any argument that says the return of students to campus ensures an outbreak on the football team. Just say it. And tell everyone why.

maumann likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I really think it was the myocarditis information that turned the tide for the colleges

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Seems very plausible and justified. They just need to follow Sam Kinison’s lead.

Attached Files:

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Earliest the season can start in Jan. 1. I can see a few OOC games, then a full round-robin with no tournament.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Pac-12 was moving to 20-game conference season this year with some conference games in November and December.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'm always surprised by how much some people here don't like sports. Especially those who make/made their livings at it.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I read that 10 players from either the Pac 12 or the B1G 10 had already been diagnosed with myocarditis.

I also saw that the Pac 12 medical advisory board was 24 members with 12 not affiliated with any school and the other 12 were a mix of team docs and university medical types. The SEC has 14 on its medical board and all are either team docs or work for their university.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted