1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random movie scene thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 4, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I've done some public drinking in my time and I've seen one (1) bar fight, Dan.

And it was at once of those shit dance bars barely worthy of the name.

Over a chick, naturally.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Everytime I "do a favor" at work - for the company or a co-worker, this scene comes to mind.

maumann and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thor: Ragnarok was actually a very dark story if you focus on the plot, especially the end-credits scene, but it just didn't feel that way. This scene is one of many that just kept lightening the mood.

4. outofplace

This is a cheat because it isn't actually in the movie, but I stumbled upon the leaked test footage that got Deadpool made and I had to share again.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

There was a lot of stupid involved in that entire trip up north, but there really were some great exchanges among the characters on the way.

If we're going with television shows, that opens up a lot of new territory.

7. Neutral Corner

I ran up on it and needed somewhere to put it, mostly.

8. outofplace

I'm not complaining. Hell, I want a spin-off that is just Tormund and The Hound. I know both Clegane brothers fell a long way into fire, but they can find some way to pull him out of it given the way that show abandoned logic and reason for much of the final season. :)

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The late, great Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday. Final scene. No dialogue. Incredible acting by Hoskins.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

From Redford's expression when Newman drops the cards while trick shuffling, to the whole fake obnoxious drunk act that pisses off Robert Shaw, who cheats only to find that Newman cheats better? Paul steals the show in a movie with multiple great scenes. I can watch this over and over and it never gets old.

The actual sting -- I said PLACE it on Lucky Dan! That horse is going to run second. -- is great, but I love this more.

Slacker likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. outofplace

I found this one again while wasting some time on YouTube tonight. The visuals and sound are just so good in this entire movie, but especially this scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted