1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Helluva story about FanDuel being asleep at the wheel. The guy who bet FC Cincinnati plus-5 goals, then invited by a supervisor to get down for MORE, has gotta get paid.

Soccer bets, unpaid, under review in New Jersey, Indiana

exmediahack likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Train your people better. Money quote:

"At some point, they need to bear some responsibility," Leavey said. "I wonder if Atlanta would've won 6-0, if I would have received a call to refund my bet."

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Shoot. I had to fight to get paid on Brentford-Fulham U2.5 the other day. Yokels didn’t understand that extra time goals don’t count. Was 0-0 after 90. Finished 2-1.

today will be even better than March Madness Thursday.

DK has incredible promos and boosts today. Absolutely play that $10 per run bonus on Yankees Phillies. Minimum $50 money line bet. I took Yankees -152 for $50. Another book for Phillies +145 for $45. I’ll get $10 in free bets for every run the Yankees score.

playthrough likes this.
  4. playthrough

With you on that Yanks action.

Picked up the PointsBet app here, they're giving away $25 for Saturday's Pacers-Lakers in one of those promos where the line moves with more bets, it's up to Pacers +16 now. Got a few friends in on that and picked up referral bonuses too, yeehaw. The "PointsBet" wagers look dangerously fun (you make more money if your side crushes the spread but lose more if they get crushed), I'll try those at some point but at a much smaller unit size.

5. exmediahack

Just watch for the house edge on these types of promo bets.

Can Alvin Gentry get his guys to play defense for five minutes so we can get the spread back to -4.5 and I can buy the Kings back? In a game with zero defense, the Pels have led once. At 2-0.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. exmediahack

When you’ve got Yankees-Phillies U10 and it’s 5-2 in the third and you still win, it’s a good day.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. exmediahack

Champions League. Look closely at unders. It’s hot in Europe and the teams are going to play tight.

Also keep eyeballing unders for Wild-Canucks and overs for Oilers-Blackhawks.

8. playthrough

I won a PointsBet "pointsbetting" wager and I still have no idea how it works. Took the Islanders today, they were a .6 favorite and I staked $10 at 10x, meaning I could win or lose $100 (it was a "free" bet, had it lost I'd have gotten site credit as a new customer). So the Islanders won 5-1, which in my book is a pretty sound beating in hockey, and I won ... $34. The app said it was a 3.4 multiplier, whatever that is. So the Islanders would have had to win by like 15-1 for me to get the full $100? Silliness. I'll stick to the regular spreads.

9. exmediahack

It’s just as hard to go 0-4 as it is 4-0.

Batman and Dog8Cats like this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Man City killed my 5-leg parlay yesterday. I had Man United, Wolves, Sevilla and Juve to win this week and Man City to score over 2.5.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. exmediahack

On Yanks-Phils, I made $68 on the game. $13 profit from the Phillies win, $40 in free bets for the yanks and I put $15 on under 10 runs at another books. A Beautiful day.

MileHigh and Webster like this.
  12. exmediahack

Series prices.

Look up series prices. They vary wildly, book-to-book, for NBA and NHL.

Just bought Jazz +245 at Book A and Nuggets -210 at Book B. Guaranteed $47 profit.

Webster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted