1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm with OOP. Let's leave it like it is.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I hope people keep the comments coming. I've got some other thoughts, but I'd like to listen first.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm fine with leaving it. But I've forgotten who I drafted! :)

Not a good sign ...

4. outofplace

I honestly didn't remember that much about my roster, either, until I looked again. Because I knew we had our draft taken care of and there really wasn't much to do until now, I hadn't really been on the league page much.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I vote redraft but could live with it either way.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I had forgot who I drafted too - man, March 15 seems like a million years ago - but I am good with keeping it as is.

7. outofplace

To be honest, I hadn't even considered re-drafting. This is the first year of a keeper, so long-term thinking should have been part of everybody's process. Also, we knew by then that we could end up with a regular season that is both short and weird.

Hell, I just looked two days ago and I still couldn't name most of the guys on my roster, but I'll be getting back into it once spring training starts back up.

8. outofplace

My money league froze player values for a year. Is that something we would want to consider?

It would mean a much weaker draft next year, but it's something to think about.

9. outofplace

You all should have received an email with updates from Yahoo regarding fantasy baseball this year.

From that email, here are the changes that affect our league.
    • Head-to-Head League Schedules
      Head-to-Head leagues will default to a 9 week season - 7 week regular season and 2 weeks of playoffs (4 playoff teams and no playoff bye weeks).
    • Trade Deadline
    • The default trade deadline has been moved to Sept. 6.

10. outofplace

Just bumping the thread to see if anybody has thoughts on adapting the rules for next season. We don't have to change anything. We could stick with six keepers from this year and each player kept costs you a pick two rounds earlier. Players added as undrafted free agents cost you a pick in the final round, the 23rd, unless you have more than one. Each additional undrafted free agent is a round earlier, so if you have two of them, it costs you picks in rounds 23 and 22.

If anybody thinks we need to adapt due to the weirdness of this season, I just want to make sure we discuss it as soon as possible, so please speak up now.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe reduce the number of keepers for the next draft because there’s such a short period of time? Plus stats are going to be way out of whack.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't see any need to change it. I never like losing keeper slots! I don't think most of us are really basing keepers strictly on statistics during this kind of year. This is an ultimate "eye test" season, as much as most stat nerds want to believe that's a worthless way to look at the game. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted