1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's a solid policy wonk, but an awful politician with a huge sense of entitlement. She would have scraped in except for Comey blowing her up at the last minute.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If anyone knows about dishonest charities, it's Trump.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yo Semite.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The Clintons are, at best, slightly right of center. Those of us old enough to remember Bill Clinton's presidency remember way too many red flags that they were not setting up the late-century Camelot some of their cultists wanted everyone to believe. How dare we give them the side-eye over doing things like commandeering a runway at Dulles so they could fly in hairdressers? They were more often than not tone-deaf and regressive about their "reforms" wrt the criminal justice system. There were also Ms. Clinton's remarks about what she saw as reasonable allowances for mental health care. Her recommendation was eight to fifteen days of inpatient care for pediatric trauma.

Eight to fifteen days my southern fried ass.

Those are just a few of the reasons I loathe the Clintons.

I worked on her campaign and I did vote for that heartless, lying, morally bankrupt, sack of rotting offal. The alternative turned out to be more horrific than I thought he would be. If someone else got into the booth and just could not vote for her, I would be disappointed, but I would understand.

Sorry. I am not over this.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Are we sure that Ben Jacobs/Bannon tweet is real? All that was posted was a screengrab, and I can't find it on his feed.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"That's my good house Negro!"

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Let’s also not forget that Clinton beat the Republican Congress by being more Republican. It was Clinton who pushed legislation that put 100,000 more cops on the street, not conservatives. It was Clinton who pushed Welfare reform, not Newt Gingrich. It was Clinton who signed off on the bank deregulation that led to the 2007 housing collapse that Bush took the blame.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

It's been pretty well spelled out by others before i could respond, but since you insist ...

She ran an entitled, arrogant campaign as if it was her birthright to be President.

She was busy publishing high-level policy statements on her website before she had earned the job.

She wasn't out telling the public what she would do. Everything was a referral to her website like she didn't know her own positions.

She ignored states she needed to pay attention to while campaigning in NY and California, raising money for who knows what.

It was hers for the taking, but she wanted it given to her.

Her and her team are just as much to blame as Comey and his bombshell. If she had been out wooing people as opposed to wooing the money, it wouldn't have mattered.

Had she been relatable to the people, the appeal of Trumpitty Dumbtitty would have been lessened. Also, the disenfranchised would have voted rather tham staying home. The key states were decided by that demographic.

That enough of why I feel that way....

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I feel every bit of that as well, and what Oscar said.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why Biden is getting flack for what he said comparing Latinos and African-Americans?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Biden blinks his eyes, and the right-wing shriek machine would complain that he’s weak in staring contests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.