1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Indulgence?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 5, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Already done. Great program.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'm curious, for a collector, are the vinyl records you'd want hard to find?

It seems like they would be, or, at least, it seems like they've been hard to find in recent years. I doubt I could've found one -- especially a new one -- if my life depended on it.

Until lately, that is, when I've been starting to see them around again. Not a lot, but some. Recently, we've even had some come into Walmart for sale, and I found myself browsing our Electronics department after work last week, looking at them.

And, do you have something to play them on? Or do you just collect the records?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There's been a huge resurgence. They're starting to outsell compact discs these days. I'd say there are probably 10 or 15 record stores within 15 miles of my house. Walmart and Target both carry them now -- pretty limited in stores but they have a lot of stock online. Amazon is a huge seller. There are also online resources to find rare ones. There's a website called Discogs that's a massive database and reselling site. You can find virtually anything there, right down to a specific pressing.

I collected them back when they were originally a thing, then got back into it a few years ago. And yes, I have a turntable to play them on, but it's odd to see how many people collect them just to have them and don't have a stereo system. To each their own, I guess, but I don't really get that.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Those are AMAZING shoes.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

In my golf bag, I have probably 2 or 3 dozen bottle caps that I use as ball markers.
    I have a dozen or more beer glasses........from the 32 ounce mug, to the Royals pint glass........
    I finally had to box up my stadium cup collection...........let's just say there were many.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

want.
    [​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got those and the Air Max 97s
    [​IMG]

Chef2 likes this.
  8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Indeed. The key is to watch for their sales, they've become even more expensive in recent years so the sales are the way to go.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I do not like you.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

One shoe
    Two shoe
    Red shoe
    Blue shoe

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Reserve your dislike for the actual team. They need to get their collective heads out of their collective asses.

Does spending too much time on message boards qualify as an indulgence? Or are we talking about things we pay for only?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Weed.

And single-malt Scotch, Speyside.

Draft saved Draft deleted