1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

An underground fight club. Hooded vandals blowing up corporate machinery.
    Are they setting up Shane McMahon as Tyler Durden? I'm not against the concept, but I just don't know if Shane can pull off the dark turn necessary to really make it work.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Shit. WWE can't even keep things straight with their own tweets, when Raw isn't even live? Where was this faction? Was it that Underground crap all along?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I mean.....I’m guessing Adam Cole isn’t turning the lights on and off and poisoning Montez Ford so I guess it aint Undisputed Era.

i dont know what the F they’re doing. Almost feels like one of those Russo “put it on TV we’ll figure out who is later” GTV deals.

mcintyre’s promo was fire. Maybe his best ever. The one straight no gimmick no gaga segment on the show delivered. Go figure.

4. nietsroob17

The Drew/Randy promo was good, and I'm going to give them credit for Dominick. He's not there with charisma, but he can hold his own with the action, and Seth will make him look like a million bucks.

Overall, though, the show was putrid. That women's match ended in a no-contest/DQ because Asuka attacked Bayley on the outside? The whole crap with the Profits, Andrade, Garza and Zelina. The random Bachelor bimbo?

Joe, the Samoan assassin, just went right back to the headphones instead of helping Dominick? Is he really that messed up health wise?

Then you've got Kevin Owens (he of Kill Steen Kill lore) neutered to the point that he's reuniting the Riott Squad like it's an episode of Oprah?

And I've made my point on this BS with Shane perfectly clear.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I flipped to Raw briefly, but spent most of my time watching baseball (because who knows how long that will last). The Fight Club stuff was meh. Didn't see too much else, and kept flipping away.

The show is just not keeping my interest at all right now.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I just took it that Dominick didn't need any help. He was never hurt, and he cleared the ring pretty quickly. Joe didn't need to jump in.

7. JimmyHoward33

everytime Joe stands up it feels like “its on.” They probably want to use it somewhat sparingly. The segment was really effective.

8. nietsroob17

Apparently, this faction that was teased will be called Retribution. I've seen some random hypotheses that it'll be some of the corona cuts who haven't gone elsewhere.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Marty Jannetty is trending on Twitter, and um ... well ... take a look for yourself.

The big question, though, is after he committed murder, did he break through a window to escape?

JimmyHoward33 and Batman like this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Jannetty tried to dive through the window to escape! What an act of cowardism!" Just ridiculous how good Heenan was on the mic.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

12. JimmyHoward33

More interesting guest star in 2020, Eric Bishoff or Pat McAfee?

Draft saved Draft deleted