1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Remember when Trump and Co. said this would all be done by Easter? That was a real hoot.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and SFIND like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And when Trump Junior said the economy would be rolling by mid-July? Even bigger hoot. This was not a good point by Junior.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

#CuckAlert
    Defcon-5.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cannot like this enough. How could such a thoughtful woman be the daughter of this man?

lakefront likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Somebody is about to get written out of the will.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Damn, there goes the double-wide.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a quick-glance chart of each state of WHAT'S OPEN/WHAT'S CLOSED. The similarities will far outweigh the differences.

Utter nonsense. Tens of thousands of mild/asymptomatic people were infected in March-April-May and were NEVER TESTED. I'll say it 10,000 times, and it'll be ignored 10,000 times.

9. tapintoamerica

Wait. Do you mean that this thing is real?
    The % of tests coming back positive increased in July. That’s not supposed to happen. Trumpist states are leading the way.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

% of tests coming back positive is circumstantial at best. It might mean something. It might not. Depends on the standards of those allowing tests to be done and how easy they make it. Who knows why any one person goes and gets tested? Maybe they have symptoms. Maybe it's mandatory for a job. Maybe they're planning to visit someone. Maybe they want peace of mind. Or maybe their county has just made it convenient enough to do so easily. My wife and I could go get tested tomorrow, and it would bring the percentage number down. But screw it. We don't need to.

11. tapintoamerica

So what is a good measure? Are you OK with 150,000 deaths in six months?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wasn't Don Jr., it was Jared.

Draft saved Draft deleted