1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wait, there's still an NAIA???

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One more thing: A good way to guarantee there isn't a second productive meeting between the SEC and players is to leak all the audio from it to the Washington Post.

(The Post can and should run that story, of course. The question is who's leaking that audio, and for what purpose?)

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Either a player is leaking the audio because he wants to show that there is no real plan or an SEC official is leaking for the same reason.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Pac-12 schedule released yesterday had USC at UCLA on the Sept. 26 opening day. Almost immediately, USC AD Mike Bohn told boosters they would likely change the game, moving it to the bye week at midseason or one of the makeup dates at the end of the season.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid.

Baron Scicluna and Webster like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Any idea what time of day? Practice in the heat of the day has always bothered me. Sadly, modern TV compels it because so many games are on September afternoons and the players have to get acclimated to conditions they'll face.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which coaches, schools, their alumni and HS dropout fan base are going to be publicly demanding that those kids get out there and play or forfeit their sweet free ride.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s not nearly as thrilling a conversation as you think it’ll be. And players who think it’s going to be an exciting conversation, will realize also, very quickly, they won’t be in much control of the conversation. They haven’t been in control of the conversation up to this point as it relates to player advocacy and activism. That’s what happens when the activist industrial complex gets involved.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I saw this around 1 p.m. CST, so I'd guess it was this morning.
    Most teams down here will finish practice by 11 a.m. or start it around 4 p.m. It's still plenty warm enough to get acclimated. I'm not sure I've seen many teams out on the field between 11 and 3. There's plenty of stuff they can do inside during that time.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

poindexter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted