1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Speaking of that (I was just outside doing some work and it hit me):
    Is Trump really different from Hubbard. You've got a narcissistic huckster who came up with an idea on how to line his own pockets by scamming people, and the next thing you know, he's running a cult.

tapintoamerica, lakefront and maumann like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Also - I love the jockeying for the VP pick - nobody talks about it, but the leaks about Dodd dismissing Harris, and the various other less than flattering stories about some of the other candidates - and of course, no candidate will clearly state "Yes, I want to be VP."

Though I am surprised we haven't seen anything from Harris fully walking back her criticisms of Biden. The "it was a debate" response isn't enough.

3. Driftwood

You’ll love this. You'd have to personally know my dad to fully appreciate it. He's not a hoarder in the not right in the head kind of way, but getting him to turn loose of something is a chore.
    We’re making him clean stuff out of our big shop. One of his treasures is a 55 gallon drum full of kerosene that he got during the oil embargo. Yeah, a 45-year-old drum of kerosene that’s been sitting covered up and untouched since the 70s. I'll be 49 next month, thought I knew every square inch of the building, and he uncovers that in the deep recesses.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Susan Rice is a nasty woman narrative is kind of old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...r-wide-side_opinion-card-f:homepage/story-ans

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The comparison that I keep trying to get out of my head is Jim Jones. There are people around here who literally would drink the Kool-Aid.

lakefront, HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

annoying pedantic stickler says Flavor Aid

Grape Flavor Aid

maumann, HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think you want Harris as a AG.

8. Driftwood

I don't know. I think Jones was a bad dude all the way around.
    Hubbard and Trump are fairly benign on their own because they are/were bumblers. It's the people around them who do the really bad things.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Roger Stone wouldn’t do worse an AG than the current guy. There’s a part of me that knows anything will be an improvement. But when thinking seriously, Biden doesn’t have what it takes to undue the republican/conservative/evangelical destruction that has been brought down on this country since 1992, Gingrich and his Helmut Hair Ho of a wife started burning down this country.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What was done to Vindman is shameful. Here's a career officer working at the highest level in the White House, someone who only testified because he was subpoenaed, who was smeared and his career broken because he told the truth. I wish this man all the best in the future, because in no way did he deserve to have this happen.

"This experience has been painful, but I am not alone in this ignominious fate. The circumstances of my departure might have been more public, yet they are little different from those of dozens of other lifelong public servants who have left this administration with their integrity intact but their careers irreparably harmed."

Alexander Vindman: Coming forward ended my career. I still believe doing what’s right matters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/01/alexander-vindman-retiring-oped/?hpid=hp_save-opinions-float-right-4-0_opinion-card-a-right:homepage/story-ans

11. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Look at it this way: If all the tiki huts in town run out of fuel, he can make a killing as a one-man black market.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep, the deplorables. They drink it daily.

maumann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.