1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Sarah says she doesn't use TikTok.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

All that's true.

But what person sitting in the Oval Office not named Jimmy Carter would be 1. Honest enough to admit it, and 2. Altruistic enough to gracefully bow out?

The DNC may cringe at the thought. But as long as he's there, HE makes the choice.

What the script is basically saying is that he's just too damn old to handle any crisis in February 2025, but we trust him to handle one that comes down the pike in October 2024. That's nuts.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I suspect the economy will only just be recovering by year 4 of the next administration, which won’t bode well for a second term for Biden or a first one for Ivanka.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Scientology is bad enough, but she also has a history with Cuba. Being black helps her in Florida, but I think that she loses with the Cuban anti-Castro vote. They're not the huge voting block they once were but its still a negative in a state that would be a huge get for Biden.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think she's old enough to meet Constitutional requirements, but otherwise Biden's perfect choice for Veep would be Sarah Cooper.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think he's stupid if he picks anyone but Harris or Rice. And I know Rice is qualified but she carries an incredible amount of baggage. I think that's a Benghazi door you don't want to open.

heyabbott likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

I think the pick is Harris, even if I'd rather see her in office as a mean-ass AG digging through the records.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Oh please. Open it.

I want to hear the stupids moan about Benghazi again.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which the Dems should just counter with, “Under Trump, we’ve had 38,000 Benghazis and counting. Sit down.”

lakefront likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This. It’s like ripping on someone shooting an 82 when you shot like a 210 or 318.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Exactly - it isn't like the Republicans haven't "evolved" their thinking about things being said by a Presidential administration that don't happen to be true. For too long the Dems have tried to avoid battles with the GOP, adjusting their strategies because they "know" they will be attacked by the GOP. Time they start going full Marko Ramius and steer straight into the torpedo. Besides, the Benghazi rehash would end in a day or two when Trump says or does something dumb. Further, it would confuse the GOP who also want to do a Hunter Biden rehash. Divide and conquer.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.