1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 25, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not knowing Florida geography that well, guessing Trump saw the map in question and figured a trip there was OK?

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Well, it is shaped like a drooping penis ...

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This thing is sort of looking like Matthew and Florence. It's going to dump a crap ton of rain on Eastern Carolina right into the Cape Fear, Northeast Cape Fear, Neuse, and Tar river basins

maumann likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Trump is in the Tampa area
    We aren’t supposed to have any problems

5. Driftwood

maumann likes this.
  6. Driftwood

maumann likes this.
  7. maumann

Ten concerns me a lot. When you start ramping up from Cape Verde, it's never a good thing because that's a whole lot of warm water from which to pull energy on your way to landfall. We shall see.

8. Driftwood

Nobody seems too worked up about that disturbance in the middle, but TD10 is getting a lot of looks, and it's already being tracked.

maumann likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Maybe the storm will open up a gigantic sinkhole under Mar-a-Lago. That would be epic.

10. maumann

Force Thirteen's You Tube update from last night showed a much more defined eyewall forming just south of Nassau. They're back on at 11 a.m. ET, so I'll be interested to see any additional strengthening.

11. Driftwood

Latest report from WRAL is two-pronged.
    1. Ocracoke has been given a mandatory evacuation.
    2. It's supposed to only be a tropical storm dropping about 3 inches of rain east of 95 by the time it hits the Old North State.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

Unless Brevard County gives a manadatory evac of the barrier islands, I think my folks and siblings are hunkering down. They both live in concrete block homes well away from the Atlantic (although both are on the Banana River) and decently elevated. We shall see.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted