1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 25, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Just a touch more to the east this morning, although Cape Hatteras still has issues.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I do not trust this storm and the varying things that I'm seeing from different forecasters.

maumann likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was just checking times and don't like what I see. This thing is supposed to pass by as the tide is coming in. It's supposed to be past by actual high tide, but the dang moon is going to be full. Hopefully, it doesn't slow down and moves on by before high tide.

maumann likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Another public service announcement:

If a storm blows your satellite dish off its mountings, call your company IMMEDIATELY. If you wait until the storm is over and all the damage has been assessed, the backlog to get someone out could be a month.

Same principle applies to any damage you know about as it is happening. I got my dish re-attached in four days. It took five months to get my roof tiles replaced (which I didn't call about immediately).

maumann likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The only thing you can count on about hurricanes is that they are unpredictable. Stop and make a ninety degree turn? Sure, no problem. Track across an area, stop, and go right back over it? Been there, done that. Fly right over you in a couple of hours or squat right on top of you for a few days? Yeppers.

All you can do is prepare, then wait and watch. Assuming you keep your power.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Get the sharpie and change the course

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Remember when Matthew got all loopy in October 2016? Pick a lane, Matty!

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  8. maumann

Pretty much looks like drivers on I-4 when they miss the Walt Disney World exit.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Also looks like my driver off the first tee, and the second, and ....

maumann likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I spent the night sleeping in my truck in a parking lot in the middle of Matthew.
    For those who know the area, it was a parking lot in Pembroke.
    Fuck Matthew.

maumann likes this.
  11. maumann

And it appears the latest track runs right up the barrier islands of the eastern coast of Florida, from West Palm up through Daytona. Even as a Cat 1, that's going to be a mell of a hess.

Note to Mom and Dad in Indian Harbour Beach, my brother and sister-in-law in Merritt Island: I hear Naples is nice this time of year.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The five days out track, which of course is largely speculative within a 200 mile range, has the storm going right over Cape Cod. We could use the rain, but not the wind.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted