1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Liut, maumann and I Should Coco like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So the SEC saw the ACC’s plan and said, “We don’t care if we get blamed for the cancellation of the four rivalry games.” I admire that.
    The thing about the SEC plan that doesn’t look good is that it appears to have no off weeks once it gets going. That’s risky. It assumes things will really calm down after an initial return-to-campus spike. But I’m not sure there is a good way to do this. Every plan is dangerous.

maumann likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

From my email update:

This afternoon, the SEC Presidents and Chancellors voted to play a 10-game conference game only 2020 football schedule, starting Saturday, Sept. 26 and ending Saturday, Dec. 5. Each team will have one mid-season open week, with Saturday, December 12, being held open for the purpose of rescheduling games if needed, and the SEC Championship Game moving to Saturday, Dec. 19.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

SEC starts late, on Sept. 26. Each team has an open date and there is a league wide open date on Dec. 12.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Liut and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

HOT TAKEZ!

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Why, helllllloooooo....glad you guys liked the beard. I grow one every summer, but am always asked to shave it off before I get back to work.

This time, I said, "Life's sucked for a lot of people, let's have fun and make them laugh." The bosses agreed. It won't stay long (wife HATES it), but it's staying for now.

8. Inky_Wretch

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Has the wife changed her mind after all the love you got? I don't/won't grow a beard, but it is freakin' awesome.

Spartan Squad and ChrisLong like this.
  10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I think it made her angrier, lol

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

It can never be shaved.

Removal must be done in a manner allowing for its burly, musky majesty to remain intact.

It will be taken off in one piece, like an accessory on an Elliotte Potato Head, and placed into a sealed case having an insert, humidity controlled environment for future generations to marvel at on 8th grade field trips.

maumann and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've been assuming for months he's done. No reason at all to play unless he just really, really wants to.

Draft saved Draft deleted