1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin editor quits, blasts G/O management

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In this climate? In this moment? It's not "tired" at all. It's the great, final push against the Trump era. Defector will have a strong 3 months, that 3 months will fuel years of investment.

The content will be far more challenging, though, come Jan. 20, 2021, when Biden is in office, both houses are controlled by Democrats, there is no debate over the purpose or value of kneeling, and the progressives are in full flower, with full power.

The Defector will, in essence, be the voice of the people who have been given the mic and total freedom to say whatever they like. And that will be awkward.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll be just fine. The Gateway Pundit, Breitbart, InfoWars and the like have had plenty of grist during the Trump years.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Thanks, Deputy.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All your blog are belong to us.

I don't know, "10,000" seems a bit ... lofty ... for day 1 subs.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Nah.

They could be bought for people, I suppose. Bestselling book lists are total horseshit because books tend to be bought for groups to read, sit on a church shelf for 15 years, etc.

But I don't that happened here. I'm sure the 10,000 is legit.

7. Songbird

10 thousand humans in one day hopped aboard Deadspinners part 3 on Day 1?

10 thousand. That's still a big number of people who clicked on buttons yesterday to subscribe to a blog.

Maybe it is legit, 10 thousand people paying into a blog on day one. I'm just not envisioning it.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Songbird

Maybe you're right @Alma and they're winning hearts and minds and subs one tweet at a time.

9. Songbird

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Look at that -- commenting privileges cost extra. It's about freaking time someone in this business figured that out. Now I'm rooting for them.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There should be a price to pay to be an asshole.

12. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

They are paying subscribers.

Draft saved Draft deleted