1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Clay Travis is pro-money and pro-Clay Travis.

One of those pathetic excuses for a person who thinks there's nothing to be gained by learning, nothing to be gained by admitting you were wrong and nothing to be gained by being a productive member of society.

He has nothing to contribute to anything. He speaks to the self-centered, take-everything-and-give-nothing crowd, of which there are plenty of members. If they want to follow him off a cliff, so be it.

2. stix

stix Well-Known Member

The idea that people can think this is a remotely competent point just boggles my mind.

Patchen likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He has followed Trump's lead: refuse to admit error; blame the opposition; claim everybody who doesn't publicly love you is the opposition; and cash in.
    In an era without sports, a guy known as a sports talker is making more money than ever. Disgusting but impressive nonetheless.
    I hope they both crash and burn. I'm not sure either will.

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

That Daily Beast article made it seem like it's not really translating into a lot of hits for his site. If you play that grift and still can't profit from it, yikes.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

As part of his response to The Daily Beast’s questions, Whitlock wrote: “Karen, I am the wrong negro for you to be f–king with.”

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just so all the glorious context gets kept intact.

“Jason Whitlock wrote a column describing Jaden McNeil as a “martyr” who was targeted for tweeting “politically incorrect” jokes about George Floyd. Jaden McNeil is a member of the openly racist “Groyper” movement. He also promotes, works with and praises white nationalists. How and why was this information left out and did you personally edit the column? Are all of the articles on OutKick edited or are staffers allowed to post stories on the site without review?”

I asked Whitlock to respond to this question since the writer didn’t email him directly, but asked me to comment on his column. Enjoy his response.

“Karen, I honestly find this line of questioning racist and emblematic of the systemic racism practiced by busybodies in the white alt-left movement. Let me translate what you just did: “Clay, Mr. White Folks, your negro writer is out of control and published an opinion that upstanding white people disagree with. Discipline and control your negro or we will.”

Karen, I’m a PARTNER at Outkick. Clay is not my overseer. He is my partner. All due respect to Clay, but I am the most accomplished journalist at Outkick. You could argue I’m the most accomplished sports journalist in America.

I’m offended you reached out to Clay and Dr. Chao directly with questions about their work, but in typical Karen fashion chose to report me to Mr. White Folks. Did you question Kansas State president Richard Myers for not mentioning Jaden McNeil’s alleged affiliation to white nationalists in Mr. Myers’ public critique of McNeil? Like 99.99 percent of America, I’ve never heard of the Groyper movement. When I was in college I was attracted to and attended events put on by the Nation of Islam, an organized and well-known black nationalist group.

Kids experiment with dumb shit. Karen, I am the wrong negro for you to be f–king with. Go sit down.”

Azrael likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

you could argue that winger is the best metal band of all time

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

These two pieces of shit deserve each other.

9. stix

stix Well-Known Member

There are people who care only about themselves and people who care about others. It's that simple.

Travis and Whitlock fall into the first category. Great for them. But that category usually offers little to anyone else.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this is very funny

11. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Biggest waste of potential talent perhaps.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The truth - and it grieves me - is that they're winning all the way to the bank at the moment with their particular brand of grift. They've been empowered by a media environment firmly tilted in the opposite direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted