1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't lack for choice on games -- I have 40 or so on Steam plus the oodles of games that came with the social justice/BLM bundle a couple months ago. The main issue tends to be convincing myself to try some of them instead of just starting a new farm in Stardew Valley and trying to break my personal record for completing the Community Center.

Rumors are flying that the government could enact a curfew, maybe as soon as tonight. I just hope people here have enough trust left in the government to listen whether or not it has a dual purpose of getting protesters off the streets as well as protecting public health.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I knew it was coming, but I just got the word that local Parks and Rec football is cancelled for the fall.

I get it. People are dealing with much, much more serious problems, but I'm going to be pretty depressed over this one for a while. We had been building towards this season, with a pile of 10-year-olds returning. Next year, we move up in age group, and if I'm given another team, I have to start over with a new roster.

In honor of the 2018 Chargers/2019 Cowboys, here's our team highlight videos. .... and I know: People would rather hear about my Fantasy team, instead of my parks and rec team.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That was the best two sports videos I've seen since March, by far. I love how all 22 players eventually chase the football, just like watching little kid soccer. Thanks for posting those.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The World's Longest Oktoberfest in Helen, Ga., will not be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2020. Not suprisingly, some fake Germans who like drinking fake beer while listening to fake German music believe this to be fake news. I truly wonder how some "adults" made it through the third grade without being punched in the face multiple times.

Inky_Wretch and OscarMadison like this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That sucks, Justin. I'm sorry for you and those kids.

Maumann is right, those videos are a delight.

7. Justin_Rice

We love that Single Wing!

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@Justin_Rice Curious about were your cameraperson was. Is there a booth or perch?

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I love all-22 tapes that are squeezed down to a postage stamp.

10. Justin_Rice

We play at two or three different fields. At one of them, there are bleachers.

I always have the camera person (my exwife and my kid’s mom, actually) just find the highest spot she can.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

We were training up a new camera operator at the start of the season last year! They got better as the year went on!

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Naw, I was referring to the formation. 11 in the box.

Draft saved Draft deleted