1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I’ll send you $500 to make 250 new accounts for me and make that bet in each one.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I see those from time to time as well. Choose wisely on any new customer sign up bonus. You usually only get one crack at it.

3. exmediahack

Can he gets 250 different and matching SSN numbers?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Saw another ad from BetMGM: Same $1 to win $100 for a home run in the Rockies-Rangers game on Friday.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn, I knew there was a catch.

6. exmediahack

Working a 3-teamer tonight. With O2.5 on Lazio, U3.5 on Galaxy-Houston. Hit both of those.

Now O3.5 on LAFC-Portland.

playthrough likes this.
  7. exmediahack

For what it's worth, I hit U3.5 on Atalanta-AC Milan today. That's 8 winners out of my last 9 picks.

Tomorrow, really like Parma to win. Got it +125 earlier. About +110/even now. They're playing Brescia, who is relegated to Serie B and 6-23-6 on the year (23 losses -- I write old-school NHL agate-style).

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ah, miss a day and you miss a lot on the gambling thread. Well done!

exmediahack likes this.
  9. exmediahack

Hotter than a Texas tamale, boys.

Tonight, we are rolling U2.5 on Montreal-Orlando. Got it +125 yesterday. Now it’s -105. MLS totals are dropping on game day except for LAFC or Portland.

Tomorrow. Only one game in EPL. Everton-Bournemouth. O2.5 at -150. This is similar to Week 17 in the NFL when two 7-9 teams light it up.

10. exmediahack

Parma got a little sweaty. 0-0 until 57th and they scored. I hit the draw at +600. At 60’, Brescia scores so I hit them to win at +600. Parma wins late to keep my parlay alive. Whew.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The phrase should be taken from Dan Rather during his 2000 presidential election coverage when he was dropping puns and off-beat lines left and right as CBS (and the other networks) were melting down

“The presidential race is still hotter than a Laredo parking lot."

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

WNBA lines have moved up ridiculously in the first two days. Friday night I jumped on Seattle -6 because it was a ridiculous line. Two hours later it moved to Seattle -9.5 and ended up at -11.

Today same thing, Chicago starts at -1 and 90 minutes late it's at - 3.5. Dallas opened at -4 this morning and is now -6.5

Draft saved Draft deleted