1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2 things:

1. I highly doubt - on the order of me doubting Vanderbilt would beat Alabama in football any time soon - that antifa was rolling up to Oxford county Maine to give Tucker Carlson shit.

2. Unless Carlson makes a big habit of talking about Maine on his show - does he? - I’m not sure what a profile about the town is really accomplishing. It’s an interesting fact made into a whole story.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Better if I let this stand for itself in this thread.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you watch to the end you'll see Tucker calling the political plan "genius" ...

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I mean, I do think some Democrats want to remake America. The green new deal isn’t called the green new deal because it’s a small deal.

Universal healthcare is a lot. ( I am for this.)

Free college for everyone is a lot.

Open borders or something close to it is a lot.

A complete re-thinking of our police and prison system is A lot.

Carlson is playing the doom guy for effect but.. i’m pretty sure politicians, who are popular with young Democratic voters, want all of those things. And they want them right now.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tucker was so good last night that he blew this joint UP!

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Pet peeve of mine: "free college." Democrats have been using this phrase indiscriminately even though that's not what anybody has proposed. The proposal, as I understand it, is for free tuition and fees at public colleges. That's not insignificant, but it's highly, highly misleading. Tuition and fees represented only 38% of in-state students' total cost of attendance at public four-year colleges in 2019-20.

The use of the phrase gets people's hopes up and unnecessarily inflames conservative passions.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK. Free tuition to Universities of Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Missouri, Maryland, Oregon, and Washington, among others, is a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.