1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which musician have you seen most live?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Jul 22, 2020.

1. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

It's a tie. KISS (one time) and Andrea Bocelli (one time).

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I really don't repeat. I can think of two in which I did. Chicago at the Universal Amphitheater and also at The Forum. Both back in the late '70s-early '80s. Toby Keith is one of my wife's favorites. In the early 2000s, the promoter came into the dental office where she worked. He gave her couple of tickets for Honda Center. We still lived in West L.A. then. Also saw him at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater, shortly before they razed the place.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Jimmy Buffett

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

>8 REM
    8 Paul Weller

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The Royal Guardsmen actually still play gigs around Ocala, from what I've heard.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I was keyed up as hell to see R.E.M. in 1995 based on widespread reputation and "Tourfilm," which was damn good. But the band seemed sluggish and listless-- maybe it had something to do with Bill Berry's upcoming retirement, which he himself admitted was due to his losing intensity and focus after his brain aneurysm (several months earlier). Frankly the whole band looked like they were recovering from a hospital stay.

In 2004, I saw them as part of the Vote For Change tour and they were much better, especially when Bruce came on stage for "Man on the Moon." Stipe definitely realized he had to step up his intensity level or else get blown off stage singing his own song.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Paul Weller.

His new album may be the best thing I've heard this year.

8. TigerVols

Obviously I'm partial but I really like how it evolves with each listen.

Huggy and PCLoadLetter like this.
  9. TigerVols

About 6 of my more-than-eight were thanks to being a regular at Nashville's Exit/In when they were in the Radio-Free-Europe infancy and were once-a-month performers. Then saw them blow the doors off the Fox Theater in Atlanta promoting Out of Time, and it was like seeing an entirely different group.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've seen them twice. First was the "Life's Rich Pageant" tour and they were tremendous. Second was that same 1995 tour Starman saw and they just seemed kind of done.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I haven't heard it, but I will give it a listen. Saw The Jam once, haven't seen Weller.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wow, some impressive numbers here. I've never seen anyone more than twice (Springsteen, Gordon Lightfoot, Jesse Colin Young, John Prine).

Draft saved Draft deleted