1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

N.C. State beat reporter, The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Todd M. Adams, Jun 20, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I do, I do! And to an N.C. State alum, there's nothing you need to say about East Carolina that isn't already a joke.

2. Antwan Staley

Antwan Staley Member

Hey there, watch it, buddy! ECU alum here. Be careful about your next choice of words lol

RonClements and maumann like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

In Rocky Mount, I got to make fun of both school equally! (And my wife's teaching degree is from ECU, so I have to be careful here, too.)

RonClements and Antwan Staley like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Too easy ...

maumann likes this.
  5. mn67

mn67 New Member

Awesome news. Big fan of Jonas' work.

That said, I would be very interested in his old gig; covering preps, recruiting, NC Central and women's college basketball (this jack-of-all-trades beat should include the NC Courage too, imo). At my last full-time sports reporting job, I was covering more than 20 high schools, two colleges, Nascar and more. It sounds like a lot, but I enjoyed every day being a little bit different from the last. Hopefully the job is posted.

6. Situation

Situation Member

7. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

What happened? Middle schooler with a lot of Twitter followers get hired?

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Good thing for you that 1, I'm not a hiring manager you are applying to work for and 2, your real identity isn't known by those who are hiring managers .... you attitude would eliminate you from consideration.

ChadFelter and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I think he’s trolling.

10. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Well if you were judging my job worthiness based on some message board posts, then you are right, it is a good thing indeed. I've been eliminated from more than a fair share of jobs before, it happens.

Pretty much, someone tagged me in a post on this thread (based on something I previously said I assume) and I was tongue in cheek (based on something I previously said). DAH WELL.

11. Adam94

Adam94 Member

*clicks "Unwatch Thread"*

Journo27 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted