1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They probably issued MagicBands to everyone. They’re good for everything from hotel check-in to unlocking hotel room doors, and that’s even before you get to a theme park.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Again, since there's no WNBA thread: Way to piss off your best player

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was kind of stunned by this. Really, you're going to try to force someone to play despite a significant health concern? Seems absurd.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Is the WNBA still under the auspices of the NBA? If so, by letting the men opt out of the season without medical tests, couldn't she sue for violation of Title IX?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The best of the 25 or so Dead shows I saw was at the Palace to cap one of those all-time days. We woke up in Piscataway and bombed across the rust belt into Michigan up thru Detroit and into Auburn Hills, dropped into our seats as the curtain went up and lights went on, I smoked a J and let go and got lost in the next few hours of music.

Edit: still have the ticket stub ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    TigerVols likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Title IX only covers education, but there sure looks like a suit on employment discrimination grounds.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Damn it I knew I should have looked it up last night. I thought I was referring to the Civil Rights Act (which I looked up and I should have said Title VII). But point is still there.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Guess not everything affiliated or slightly affiliated with the NBA is libruhl. They've got some hate in them, apparently.
    So what if she is exaggerating her health status with the Trumpandemic? She had back surgery -- back surgery -- in January.
    Good Tebow. Cut the best player in the sport a break. Cut a human a break.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Delle Donne will probably tell them to fuck off, sit out a year, then go and make three times as much playing overseas.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I think Stan Van is still a little pissed off about how his tenure in Orlando ended.

EDIT-1stADD: And then some rando comes in and crushes it.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Serve it up, Knock it down.

Draft saved Draft deleted