1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 18, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, the fly is open ...

wicked likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Let's go Peay!

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Scott Satterfield, who was acclaimed for transforming University-6 in the aftermath of Petrino in 2019, wants the South Carolina gig. Why?
    At University-6, he’s in the same division with Dabo University, but FSU is in trouble. Stay there a couple of years, win 10 games and get a real SEC job if that’s what you want. Why now and why the Gamecocks, who have to play Ga and Fla every year and who have never won regularly? The only guy who did win, Spurrier, got fed up and quit on his team at mid season.
    If you’re not obsessed with winning the whole thing, many ACC jobs are > SEC gigs. Comparable $, fewer expectations.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They were talking on GameDay this morning that Tom Herman might be toast if Texas loses to Kansas State. Kirkie was wondering why he'd even staying, working for a Board of Regents he compared to "nine Jerry Joneses."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

Second strong comment of the week for Herbie.
    Make them whack you.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If they want you gone that badly, they can pay you too much money to go away. I particularly feel that for the schools with loud, noxious boosters and fans.

I wonder if Gus isn't like "Go ahead. Fire me." in his heart of hearts.

Wenders likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rice is up on Marshall 13 - 0 middle of the third. That's hilarious.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Tom Herman was toast long before today. Texas might hang 80 on Kansas State his ass is still gone.

11. tapintoamerica

Satterfield says he’s staying at University-6. This, I suspect, means So Car interviewed but did not offer. Once the interview became public, the AD probably told him he had to fish or cut bait. I doubt he’ll extract a raise and extension out of this. And he’s got a lot of bridges to repair.

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted