1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A server at the local diner, an immigrant who's been there for 20 Years, was suddenly gone. I asked the manager where she'd gone.
    "To Texas," he said. "To make some real money."

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Well, they could be “associates.”

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump’s going to lose, and by a lot. People are done with him after the pandemic.

The Democrats should be deciding now, right now, how they’re going to lead.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And even then, if they get thumped In the election, they’ll blame the media, claim it was all rigged and cite some wacked out internet conspiracy sites as proof they are right.

There’s no talking to these people. They’re seeing the fact that the world is changing and they‘re terrified because they think they’re the underdog when in reality, they’ve been the ones in power all along.

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Biden is showing how he'll lead - by incorporating good ideas from throughout the party into his policies. It's why his economic plan has substantial input from Elizabeth Warren, and he's specifically credited her for her input.

Trump made the presidency all about him. Biden is making it all about ideas and moving forward.

Spartan Squad and OscarMadison like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Everyone really has to slow their roll. The exact same words were uttered by millions four years ago. There might not have been 135,000 dead from COVID and the economy might not have been in the shitter... but it still happened. I’ll believe he’s out when he moves out of 1600 Penn.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I repeat my past contention. Trump could win, but something big has to change for him to do so. What could that be? An economic rebound looks less and less likely every day the virus gets worse. He's pretty much made it clear that racism and paranoia are going to be his campaign themes. Is that what people are going to respond to in this crisis? Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. It's hard to run a "things are going to hell" campaign when you are the incumbent.
    But a long life has taught me never underestimate the power of American white racism, so I cannot second Alma's declaration quite yet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

People just need to do the Patriot Way and DO YOUR JOB, VOTE FOR THE BETTER CANDIDATE FOR THE COUNTRY.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I think the big difference from 2016 to 2020 will be turnout. People assumed Trump would get boat raced, so they didn't bother to go vote. I think we'll see historic turnout.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Just wait until mid-September ish when school kids start filling hospital beds.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching clips of Devos on the Sunday shows. Her “plan” is something that a 6th grader could have come up with during a lunch break.

4 months and the best that she could come up with is that the kids really need to get back to school. Zero details. Zero contingency plans. Just stating conclusions.

We have the federal government that we deserve.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.