1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I think someone on here already suggested DeVos arming teachers to shoot the COVID

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressly, a Democrat from Massachusetts, got it right when she responded to DeVos's comments today.

“You point to a private sector that has put profits over people and claimed the lives of thousands of essential workers. I wouldn’t trust you to care for a house plant let alone my child.”

7. Neutral Corner

As I said in the Coronavirus thread, "Most education funding is at the state and local level. The federal government's funding is around 9% of their budgets. What makes this blackmail by withholding federal funds (sound familiar?) even more reprehensible is that the funds that DeVos and Trump are threatening to cut off are primarily to aid economically disadvantaged kids and assistance for students with disabilities."

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Late to the Lone Star tsunami party.

The story fails to note the growth of Hispanic populations and in-migration of blue-state residents as drivers in political shift. Texas might surpass California in population in 30 to 40 years and become the whole ball of wax in terms of EVs.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We're past the point of arguing with these people. And you can bring up the most fact-based story that calls Trump on his lies and bungling and they're going to dig in even harder. They think any item in the media that doesn't worship Trump is a pack of lies. I know one Trumpie who is positively convinced that every single stat on the coronavirus -- number of cases, positivity rates, hospitalizations and deaths -- is made up by the media. When I pointed out we're only getting the numbers from state health departments, the answer is "Well, they're lying because the hospitals get more money if they classify every admittance as a virus patient." Or, "anyone who dies has his cause of death listed as a virus patient."
    Where the fuck do you go from there with that bullshit? The only answer is for the Democrats to get the vote out and win the fucking election.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yeah glossing over the fact that if it wasn't 2020, by 2024ish the Hispanic population will turn the state purple is a major oversight. He also pushes aside what winning Texas would mean for Biden. Biden would only need a couple of swing states or only Florida. Biden getting the three biggest EV states is massive. Win the swing states too and this is a thumping of Reagan or Clinton proportions. Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 8.54.18 PM.png

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Dude, just take the Obama states in 2008 and add Texas. That is a swing of 76 points.

Reagan got 489 EVs in 1980, the largest repudiation of a sitting president in modern times.

It guts me that 400 is probably the ceiling in this day and age. But I think by November, what we're going to see is a chain-pulling catharsis to a maximum amount.

The wipe afterward is going to be the glorious moment. Starman can fill in the deets.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Mossberg Shockwave, #4 buck.

Driftwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.