1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You're assuming a jury will unanimously convict the defendant of an offense compelling jail time. In Oklahoma, I'm dubious. No chance the Trumpist takes a plea without taking his shot with a jury of 12 upstanding citizens.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Looked to me like they simply opened the gate. From what I could tell, Bonnie and Clyde's house happened to be the first one they encountered. Not exactly sure about the legal properly-line definitions, but they were on the edge of the sidewalk bordering their lawn. Because (I think) they were the first house, Bonnie & Clyde didn't have a point of reference as to what these people were doing or their intentions (as houses down the street would have).

Had they been, say, the 14th house, and had the couple seen the demonstrators pass the other 13 without incident, this probably doesn't happen.

maumann likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That's why you should always work with a Realtor. Location, location, location!

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Theft is a crime. She should be prosecuted for that. It's too bad she can't be prosecuted for being stupid, but if you're stupid you need to be tough because bad shit's going to happen to you.

Shooting someone leaving your property who did not threaten, harm or otherwise engage with you is a crime. He will probably do some time.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

When this glorious, lawless utopia that resembles Mad Max or Mogadishu comes to your neighborhood and your property and your life are now forfeit thanks to a mob of "peaceful protestors," I'll laugh heartily at your well-deserved demise.

Civilization is a thin veneer and an ordered society with such luxuries as cell service and indoor plumbing will be the first casualties of this paradise you mental midgets claim to want. Law and order must be restored. If the police are either crippled politically by feckless morons like you elected or unable to respond in a timely fashion, people like these folks in St. Louis will have to fill the void.

And again, these "peaceful protesters" broke through a gate and trespassed onto private property. The video clearly shows this.

The law is clear in states with a Castle Doctrine. Deadly force is authorized against trespassers, who usually have malicious intent. A verbal warning will dissuade those who don't have ill intent and maybe wandered onto your property by accident.

6. tapintoamerica

Curious technical question. If you steal somebody's property from the porch, it's theft and not burglary because you must go through the door and into the interior of the house for burglary, right? Not really important.

7. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Well, come November I'm sure you, Mitch and Donnie and your pals can hole up somewhere safe from the hysterical mobs.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Not sure but I'd tend to agree.

9. tapintoamerica

They can try to Take Their Country Back from their bunkers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But does Castle Doctrine allow you to shoot people in defense of property that you do not own? You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the protesters broke down a gate to this couple's property. They got through a gate to a private community within which this couple owns a house. The protesters—although trespassing—were in a communal area.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What is the difference between a regular toy and a sex toy?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There's video of them breaking the gate? Please share.

And Castle Doctrine does not authorize deadly force against mere trespassers. Home invaders? Sure. But you can't pull the trigger on somebody just because they step foot onto your yard - which these protesters didn't even do.

Draft saved Draft deleted