1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

That guy needs to be deposed and made to tell the entire story for our entertainment.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You would not *believe* the stupid ways people find to hurt themselves.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

X-rayed a guy who had fallen through the ceiling. He was at his Mom's, lighting the pilot light on her furnace, which was in the attic. He lost his balance and fell between the ceiling joists, through the sheet rock. He was over her bathroom, and he fell through onto the top edge of the door, which was opened a bit into the bathroom. The edge of the door catches him across the ribs, breaks a couple. He then falls from the top of the door onto the edge of the vanity, and from there to the tile floor.

Ambulance to the hospital, but I'm left with this mental picture of him falling through onto the door, the vanity, then the floor, like something that would happen to Wile E Coyote.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Welcome back, @maumann!

Note to self...Look into getting your bows restrung, your arrows fletched, knocked, and pointed, and your aim straight.

MAGATs are some scary folk. If they come for my grain mill, they will be ventilated.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Fixed or expandable?

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  7. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

You break through my gate at my house, you get one verbal warning. Then the shooting starts. If anything, these two showed restraint. They were well within their rights under the law to shoot these trespassers who meant them harm. Someone is going to have to make a stand against this insurrection of morons thinking that rioting is going to lead to some revolution.

8. Neutral Corner

Even Alabama frowns on up and shooting people for walking down the street in front of your house.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even these people weren't stupid enough to do that.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the video. Did these people break through the gate of the subdivision or a gate specific to the gun-toters' house? Did they set foot on the gun-toters' property?

Would you brandish your weapons and give them a brief opportunity to see them and retreat? Or would you graduate immediately to pulling the trigger?

11. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Well, Cletus, it's good to know how far you'll go to protect your stash of Bud Light at the double-wide from them marauding coloured people.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted