1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I felt like pure hell for about three weeks back in the early winter but that couldn't have been it, unless the virus was here way earlier than we thought or I had just an early mutation of it.

Or I had it recently and was 100 percent asymptomatic and it passed. I take my temp at least three times a day just as a precaution and because I do tend to go out a decent amount. I don't want to go the gym or the dentist if I'm anywhere close to fevering. I've been fairly steady between 97.6-99.0.

Or it was a false positive. Who knows?

MileHigh likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Save us, Echo and the Bunnymen !

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yes.

And glad you're feeling better.

DW/OB friend says there was talk about this in some quarters as early as November of last year. I don't know if you have it or not, but the discourse went from, "Wow, that thing over there," to "Stock up the house, hunker down, and wait this out" by late February.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that we're going to hear of a lot more situations like yours, and they're going to tell us that this thing was on these shores far earlier than originally presumed.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Several people I know remember being really sick late last year and just working through it. I got a bad cough three times last year, went on for a month each. First time, early in the year, I rode it out. When I got it again a couple of month later, I went to the doctor after 2 weeks. They said it's a one-month cough, nothing to do about it. I asked for antibiotics, doc said they probably wouldn't have any affect, but gave them to me anyway. They did not work, cough lasted the month. Third time last fall, it lasted another month.
    I also have chronic post-nasal drip, which makes me cough. This was different.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had a doctor telling me in March that the time I was sick in February was too early to have had it. Clearly, that isn't the case. Even when I tested negative for the antibodies, I had another doctor telling me that could be a false negative.

If only we had testing figured out in this country. We still don't.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm fairly suspicious my 15-year-old had it in February. I've said that here a few times. But we haven't done the antibody test yet just because it seems pretty flimsy and might not tell us much.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Bedbugs and Boogaloo

America and Russia
    Russia and America
    MAGA hat and rifle
    Rifle and MAGA hat
    That's the way the blunder stumbles
    That's the way the blunder stumbles
    Stumbles
    Down on your knees again