1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Personal-injury attorneys? Parasites.

They probably thought when they bought their overpriced place in the Central West End that it would be so much fun to walk to an ethnic grocery store three blocks away once every two years.

Should have taken their settlements and moved out to Frontenac or Huntleigh.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wonder if they are the second half of this swinging foursome.
    [​IMG]

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Weird how they don't pull guns on the folks who include that neighborhood on their runs. Or on me about 15 years ago when I took a wrong turn through an ungated entrance to the neighborhood and wound up in it trying to find a way out. (I didn't even remember doing that until a friend in StL texted "Remember that time you got lost coming to my house? You were in this neighborhood.")

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

15 minutes from Ferguson

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m not defending what they did. I wouldn’t have done it. The context of the moment, however, explains why it might’ve happened the way it did. I think the couple wanted to display show of force to make a statement. That, in my opinion, was a stupid thing to do

But something like it’s going to happen again, I fear. Perhaps around a statue. You’re going to get a group of people who want to tear down a statue, and then you’re going to get a group of people who don’t want it torn down. And my fear is it’s going to go badly.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

One thing that amazes me:

Anything you do is very likely to be videoed these days.

Actions have consequences.

Best to think twice with a long pause in between before doing anything, even in your own yard.

Driftwood and tapintoamerica like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Very true.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That's certainly changed.

I miss the days when one was free to point guns at other people and no one was around to catch video of you doing it.

Smallpotatoes and Vombatus like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The whole metro is 15 minutes from Ferguson.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

CNN has quotes from the organizers saying they warned people this was private property and home owners have guns. So even they protesters knew there was a threat of this.

These dumbasses, however, are lucky they didn't shoot anyone, including themselves.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes. The protesters just didn’t care and figured no one else would either.

But someone did, and I think that’s going to happen again somewhere. I hope not.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If there's one word that almost always crops up in the legal issues of these things, that word is "reasonable." In the reasonable person's mind, what is the threat level of a particular situation? What is the reasonable response level?
    And because that word is so vague, the fear defense works a lot of the time. "I was afraid these people would hurt my family," the defendant says. The jury retires and asks itself. "Was the defendant reasonable to think this way?"

Draft saved Draft deleted