1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's coming

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

July, you're up next! Whaddya got?
    How about a second pandemic!?

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sure! Why not? Maybe we can get a decade’s worth of awful stuff over in one year.

At least everyone is accustomed to wearing masks and social distancing.

SFIND likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Huh??

SFIND and Wenders like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not in the South, especially in states where GOP governors are busy trying to impress Orangeface.

6. Deskgrunt50

I’m kinda sorta hoping the recent spike in new areas will change things. I might be naive.

Maybe I’m used to it now. We can do a whole lot of normal things with a few precautions like masks in enclosed spaces and social distancing.

It’s just not that hard if we can learn from experience and make this one thing non-political.

I barely got through that before realizing we’re screwed.

SFIND, OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Apologies if you or anyone feels I politicized that last post. I hammer the GOP for it, but I'll defend anyway ...

Florida - DeSantis ... it's obvious that he likes being on Trump's radar by taking in the RNC when Charlotte tossed it.
    Texas - Abbott ... sort of a stereotype, yes, but it seems as if too many there have been shooting anyone a middle finger or two when it comes to masks and distancing and such. And Abbott, like DeSantis, seemed all too proud to lead the contrarian parade.

Now ... Roy Cooper has been trying to do what he can. He's the governor of North Carolina, and he has a "D" by his name. Not saying North Carolina doesn't have its share of idiots - there was some citizen quoted in a story that he wasn't wearing a mask because he "didn't like being told what to do" - but forget defiance at the top. The remark came as Cooper put masks back on the table (or, if you wish) across faces statewide.

Gavin Newsom is in California, but the stories have it that the bigger trouble areas of the state for COVID are rural. And Newsom was all for shutting down urban areas when the pandemic bit down the first time.

IMO, the only people making this political lean hard to the right. And, not surprisingly, those are the areas most affected.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn liberal virtue signaling.

SFIND and lakefront like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Except for LA County, Kern (Bakersfield) and Fresno counties. Even San Joaquin County has some decent cities. Imperial County has problems because Americans in Mexico can't get treatment. But some of the Central Valley is having issues and they're as rural as anyone.

10. Deskgrunt50

I 100 percent agree with you.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So.

Is this the first wave or the second wave?

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Is the second part of the first wave.

Inky_Wretch and Jerry-atric like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted