1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remember the Daly 0-iron, wasn't it a Wilson? It went to market and into some truly delusional amateurs' bags.

Chef2 and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Thank the Lord, or whomever your god may be.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thanks to the Peacock/Comcast/NBC.

Was tired of watching Fox screw this up. But IMO, it is - at best - third on the majors list. Take a bow, USGA.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fox didn't want to broadcast all the loss leader USGA tournaments like the Senior Amateurs, not even on FS1, while the Golf Channel will be delighted to have them. It's a sensible move for all three parties.

8. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

When the Fox/USGA was initially announced, the figure I always heard was $100 million per year. I have no idea how accurate that was. It's not hard to figure out how difficult it is to make that profitable based on four days a year. We all know you're not making money on the Women's Open, Senior Open and U.S. Am.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I really hope that continues on Golf Channel. It's a big deal for us who work in the amateur golf ranks to be able to promote having some of our members playing on TV.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I like everyone on that NBC crew, but cannot stomach Dan Hicks. Absolutely just cannot. I have to mute his voice.
    Tirico, Jacobson, Mr. Michelob, Koch, even Azinger.......all are aces.
    I would send someone over to England right now to one of 5,000 area pubs there......find Ken Brown, and pry him over to work the U.S. Open. As an on-course, he's very very good.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

upload_2020-6-29_8-46-48.jpeg

playthrough likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just read the press release from the USGA, all of the other championships are going to NBC/GC as well. Good news.

Draft saved Draft deleted