1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I realized it's all automated and algorithms, but just how fucking difficult is it to get job search info correct on LinkedIn, Indeed, SimplyHired and all the rest?

Me: <Search for digital marketing jobs>
    Job sites: Here are 20 over-the-road truck driver jobs.

Me: <Search for public relations jobs>
    Job sites: Here are 30 KFC crew member openings in your area.

Fucking bullshit.

MileHigh and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I've never known anyone to get hired from LinkedIn.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm hitting every jobs board I can.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Does your state unemployment office have a job board on its website? If so, check it out as a primary source. It could be an aggregate of of jobs from businesses that:
    • A) post with the state first, and maybe only there.
    • 2) are copied to the state board while posting to another board, and often show up first on the state board.
    • iii) also: Good Luck!

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I've used those terms within quotes ("public relations"). It helps a little.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This site has some insights into LinkedIn:

https://horizonhire.net/home/

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A message to all of the people driving automobiles across America.

The blinker. The clicker. The turn signal. That little stick on the side of your steering wheel that makes a little noise when activated.

It's not there to hang a smelly tree from. It's not there to put rubber bands on or to wrap your little hair dealies around.

It's there to let someone in front of you, to the side of you, or behind you know which way you're turning.

Absence of the use of this whatever the FUCK you want to call it can create accidents, increased anger to the nth degree, and many vile curse words being including, but not limited to "STUPID MOTHER FUCKER" and "NO DRIVING FUCKING ASSHOLE".....

This is all that I ask.

Respectfully yours.

Chef

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, it’s optional on some models, so ...

9. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

What is?

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Turn signal.

That’s the joke.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Political signs have begun appearing in our neighborhood; all for one national candidate that will easily win this state.

My wife is livid. “I’m going to have to say something to them! Not everybody in this neighborhood feels the same way! We should all agree to just have no signs! Either that, or I start putting bigger signs in our yard!”

I spent much of my life as a dinosaur journalist who never put a sign out in my yard for anything, lest I be accused of taking a side. I’m used to limiting publicly expressing my political options. Among folks who know be, fine, but not in the public sphere.

She’ll do what she wants to do. I’ve warned her that the reaction might bring a chill to otherwise friendly relationships. I think that it’s tempting nastiness or a fight that we won’t win. The potential cost/benefit ratio makes no sense to me.

Hopefully, she’ll cool down, but her ire will just be sparked again if she walks the neighborhood. It’s a grand time to be isolating at home.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Show of hands: How many people decide who to vote for based on a yard sign?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted