1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That bit about penalties being harsher for repeat offenders only applies to players, not teams.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting fine amount. Gonna guess it's the result of a $1,000,000 penalty for one offense and $100,000 for another.

3. tapintoamerica

I don't care what you say. Recidivism? That ain't a pretty word.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not at all surprised. All the best to Newton, given that the Carolina Panthers treated him like crap at the end.

Understand that it rarely ends well, but the Panthers could have - and should have - done better than this.

Now ... for that Deadspin writer to walk back that pile of crap he wrote some weeks back ...

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I am going to enjoy Belichick/Cam. I hope Cam leads them to the title.

Plus, Cam/Pats v. Brady/Bucs would be the highest rated Super Bowl ever.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As someone who has lived in NE most of his life, I will be interested to see how spoiled Pats fans react to a talented, petulant black QB. They got him for an absolute steal -- league minimum with incentives. Who the fuck is his agent? Were they maybe just hoping this would be the scenario? I mean, the guy has made enough money already in his career, so maybe he's thinking more about the hardware of winning a title. I've never been a big fan of his whole persona, but he's definitely a tough SOB who when healthy can still play at an elite level.

Amazing after Brady left that the Patriots sat on their ass during the NFL draft and almost all the way through free agency -- and still ended up with the best QB in the AFC East. Kudos to them.

7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

CD Boogie and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. outofplace

The bottom line on the entire matter is the Patriots were caught cheating yet again and got a slap on the wrist for it. I get that the infraction itself was minor, but they just keep pulling this crap.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m sorry. The answer we were going for is NAGGERS. Naggers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

Raising Arizona reference.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

95% of the country will be rooting for the meteor

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. outofplace

I figured it was a reference to something, but couldn't place it. My point still stands. The Patriots have been caught cheating repeatedly and they will not stop because the league will not make them stop.

Draft saved Draft deleted